hidden hit counter

Saturday, April 30, 2005

G for ??


GMe
Originally uploaded by _Shriram.
Exciting, Exciting, Exciting news. I went to Google in California for a final interview! Sorry for keeping this news secret. The process started a month ago with a bunch of telephone interviews. The final interview went very well and I expect to hear a positive reply very soon.

Unfortunately, I can not speak a lot about my interview. However, my impression of Google's campus and Silicon Valley in general is that its breath-taking, and picture perfect! I loved being there and I expect to hear back pretty soon from them. You would hear about their final decision here pretty soon!

On tuesday, I flew to San Francisco. San Fran is an awesome, awesome place. I always wanted to see the golden gate bride. When I was finally there, I had a sort of unbelievable feeling; Imagine this, in the morning I was driving my old car on the rural interstates of Iowa (I drove to Cedar Rapids to take the flight), and in the evening I was taking a stroll on the Golden Gate Bridge. I will post the pictures in a couple of days here thru flickr.

There is more news: I presented and defended my thesis on Friday. The presentation was super successful. I didnt expect it to go that well :) Anyhow, later that day the International Student Office at UNI had the Spring Farewell party to departing students. I loved being there at that party. It is however sad to know that I am going to miss a whole bunch of people that became so close to me. Pictures of this party came out awesome and I will post them here pretty soon.

I will post more news and details about all the exciting news in the next couple of days.

Until the next blog,
Au Revoir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home