hidden hit counter

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Can you hear me now?

(Or, How to negotiate a free phone from you Wireless company)

Its unreal - I lost my cellphone! I could not find it anywhere - not in the library, not in my office, not at my apartment, NO-DAMN-WHERE!

I tried calling Verizon (my wireless provider) and I was told that I should pay for a new phone! I am supposed to get a free phone in August when my 2-year contract ends. But since its two more months, I was told that I must pay a little amount ($39.99) toward a new phone. I could not believe it ! I was with them for two years, and why cant they just give me the new free phone now and let me sign a new contract ?!!

After contacting the customer service twice, I was absolutely pissed off! I went to the Verizon kiosk in the nearby town and they could not offer much help either. Radio Shack, from where I have my contract, could not help too. I finally tried calling the customer service once again. I got the the same replies that I got the first two times.

There I fired the weapon that all the wireless companies dread - Account Termination! I told them that I don't care to pay the early termination of $175 but I want termination. Voila!! I got a free phone, that too upgraded with color screen, etc. I could have gotten a much better one, but yeah, I am OK with the one that I am getting. It will take a couple of days before I get my phone. So, until then I am partially disconnected with the world. eMail's the way for me now!

So, the next time you have trouble with your wireless company, use this technique. You know, it might help!

Until the next blog,
Au Revoir.

(A little sidenote: In my view, Verizon Wireless is the BEST wireless service in the US. I never paid a penny for roaming even though I traveled every corner of the country. They provide great customer service along with great mobile service. So, if you are considering switching, or planning to buy a new mobile service, I recommend Verizon)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home