hidden hit counter

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Decision '05

After a two-week-long hard time making a decision about which one of my two great job offers to choose from, I chose to go with the job in Texas. Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, here I announce: I rejected the job offer from Google! Have I gone nuts? No. Not at all. There were certain terms from Google that I could not agree with. It was an extremely hard decision NOT to go with Google, but hey sometimes you gotta play safe and do what you have to do. (And after all, I can tell my grandchildren that I got selected to the hottest company in the world even before I graduated out of college! hehehe.)

Sure, Google's offer was great, challenging, and exciting. Google's a great company; Working for them is a real privilege and an opportunity that not many people get. However I was on a real tight spot because of some issues that we (Google and I) could not sort out. Finally, I could not take any more of this crappy dilemma and chose to go with Texas.

Interestingly, to solve my dilemma, I turned to Google. Yeah, Google - as in the search engine Google. I found a few folks who are in a similar situation as that of mine. Especially this article is sort of similar to what I was facing. There are some differences: the dude in the article is looking for a job after getting fired, and I am looking for a job after graduating. He is getting married soon, I am not. More articles like this, this, this, this, and this were also helpful in analyzing.

I will be moving down south to San Antonio during the weekend of the 28th/29th. There, I will be working for the Texas Transportation Institute as a programmer analyst. TTI is a Texas State Government organization and it is also affiliated to Texas A&M. I will start my work from the 31st, right after Memorial Day. Wish me good luck and success ahead :-)


Until the next Blog,
Au Revoir!

(Update: A very special thanks to my friends Siva and Sandeep for their input, time, and analysis. Thank you guys!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home