hidden hit counter

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Punch-uation

(Update: Add 1 more incorrect reference to the following list. I wrote a reference with date December 26,2005. Ooops, Dec 26,2005 is yet to come and I already referred it??!! Yeah right! "That a typo". Everything is well now.)

Here is an interesting statistic:

15 missing commas,
5 missing periods (fullstops that is!),
4 unmatched references,
2 un-italicized words,
1 unnecessarily justified paragraph,
1 incorrect style of reference.

Pretty interesting, isn't it?! Well, those are the corrections that I was suggested in the last draft of my thesis by the UNI graduate college's thesis previewer. These corrections concluded a gigantic two year effort - crafting, drafting, and finally publishing my thesis. If all goes well, my final published copy in accordance with graduate college rules will be signed by the Dean.
After all these corrections, I am surely eligible for a Master's Degree in MS Word document editing and APA writing. And my mind sort of goes like this:
"No kidding; even though it is not necessary to put a semi-colon after 'no kidding' I wonder if I need double-quotes and a comma in the middle and am I missing a question mark right now."

Until the next blog,
Au Revoir!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

APA style is surely a pain in the a$$. EnjoY! :D

Wednesday, July 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home