hidden hit counter

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Change 2.0

Change...like someone said..."is the only constant in life". Change happens everyday, every season, every year. Things, I learned the hard way, do not stay constant. How we cope with change is what matters in life. Much like a lot of people, I hate change initially. When things change, I cringe status quo. That's 'cause I tend to get emotionally attached to places and people, which makes me want things to be the way they were. However, I've really learned to adopt to changing situations and accept change as a part of life!

A recent change that's been happening in my life is related to my current job. I'm being "promoted" to a new, full office from my little cube. This means I have to move from my current office building to another building a couple of blocks away, on the edge of campus. Not a big deal at all - I will have the same computers, I will be working on the same projects, with the same team. The only thing that's different is that I'm gonna sit at a different place.

The good things about the new office? I will now have my own room, two windows with view, my own personal phone, unlimited personal office supplies, my own desk lamp, etc. Oh, I will have an espresso machine (saves at least my $1.58 on my Starbucks every morning), and the usual mini-fridge and microwave. Also included are a special entry key-card and an admin parking permit. Not too bad, eh?! And did I mention, this office is right across the street from my apartment! I know, it is pretty dandy!

Putting things into perspective, this current change does not seem to be sweet for the moment. As the time passes, I am sure I will learn to accept it and appreciate it, and enjoy it. I'm sure about it! I moved my computers today, and I cleaned and Lysol-ed the desk, draws, and shelves in my new office. I'm gonna box up my books, papers, and other unidentified stuffed that got stacked up on my desk in my little cubicle. They'll all go organized in to shelves now.

As one of my colleagues in the new office put it, "the CEO has moved in"! All rise!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home