hidden hit counter

Monday, April 16, 2007

LIVE from San Francisco : Day 1

This post comes LIVE from my artsy hotel room in San Francisco! I'm here for the AAG conference - the annual meeting for geographers and geographic information scientists all over the world. Well, what can I say - I flew in from cold, windy, and rainy Washington in to warm, sunny, and beautiful San Francisco. So, it is just an awesome feeling! My hotel is right in the middle of downtown - a block away from the Union Square.

The day so far has been great - except that it seems incredibly long. First off, I stayed up all last night to get a 3 AM cab to the airport to catch my 6 AM flight. Then, I traveled for about 7 hours and by the time I got to San Francisco, it was just 10:30 AM (there's a 3-hour time difference between Washington DC and SF). So, the day seems stretched awfully long. But oh well, I'm in California, and I don't have any complaints about getting extra time to see the town.

This is my third time here in SF and my past trips have been very short (those Google interviews, remember?!!). This time I'm in here for a week - for an awesome conference, and lots of free time in the evenings!! As for today, I walked around the super fabulous downtown SF streets, took pictures, and finally settled in my hotel room and taking it easy. I will try to keep a daily report of what I did here in SF. Let us see how much time I get every day to blog.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home