hidden hit counter

Monday, April 02, 2007

Slavic Fest 2007

[Update: Here are a bunch of pictures from my Facebook album: Click here ]

Last Saturday, there was the first annual Slavic Fest 2007 in Washington DC. All Slavic countries were showcasing their country's arts, culture, song, music, dance, etc. However, Ukraine was the most dominant, followed by Russia. The Ukrainians even brought their star performer - Ruslana (her website), the winner of Eurovision contest!! I didn't know there were these many Ukrainians in DC! Overall, it was a great day full of fun, lots of Russian/Ukrainian arts, folk songs, dance, and of course, extremely tasty food!

The story coming up soon. Until then, enjoy these pictures...

"See you in Ukraine"

The guy at the Ukrainian table almost convinced me to visit Ukraine in Summer!! I told him that I came very close to visiting Ukraine a couple of years ago. He said I should still visit Ukraine and he assured me that I'll love it! Look at the cool brochure he gave me. : - )











Yup! that's Ruslana - the winner of Eurovision Contest from Ukraine.

Ruslana Lyzhychko was the star performer of the evening. She performed a bunch of Ukrainian songs and an English song. A Ukrainian band called MEPI (pronounced "Meri") opened for her.


















Beautiful decorated Easter Eggs like this one were on display. Eggs of all sizes were beautifully painted over with intricate designs. Just amazingly aesthetically pleasing stuff.

















Ukrainian Ethnic costumes, artifacts, cutlery, and other artsy stuff was on display and sale.













There are a lot more VERY interesting pictures. View them on my Facebook album (link is provided at the beginning of this blog).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home