hidden hit counter

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Introducing: The Russo-Travelo-Meter

What is the "Russo-Travelo-Meter" all about? I will explain.

I have been planning to visit Russian from quite a while ago. I have tried visiting Moscow last year for a friend's wedding. But, little did I know about the extra-freaking-long procedure that I must follow to obtain a travel visa (by personal invitation) to my beloved Россия. Very unsuspectingly, I talked to the Russian embassy last year to obtain a visa, and thought it would be a breeze, just like the way I got my Canadian visa. Or, like my planned travel to France. The procedure for French visa? Umm, take the metro downtown, go to the French embassy, and GET THE FREAKING VISA. That's it ! But with Russia? Uh-huh, no so fast!

First, they advised me to send all my papers to Russia to my friend, who in turn will go to the "Ministry of internal affairs" or something like that. She will then get her invitation letter signed, attested, worshiped, and idolized before sending it to me here in the USA. Then, I have to go to India (that's right, I must travel half the way across the globe to just get a visa to visit Russia!) and then apply there. After all this, if the visa is approved, I can travel to Russia. Pretty simple, eh? Yeah, I think so too!

Since any story related to Russia is of good interest to me, I thought I should keep you posted of this "bureaucratic adventure" for obtaining just a single-entry visa! So, here I created the Russo-Travelo-Meter to keep you guys posted of the status. It currently stands at 20% (the day of this posting) and my papers have reached Russia via some of my friends in Canada. Each time the progress bar moves forward, I will post a new entry to update what's new is going on. So, enjoy this thrill-ride with me! I can not wait to visit Russia and that should be another whole new experience. Until then, keep watching the bar and watch out for the updates on this pre-travel pastime!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home