hidden hit counter

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mess-ups!

Have you ever messed up? Big time? Have you ever made a mistake EXACTLY when you did not want to? It is the very concept of Murphy's law, it seems. Do I have any examples? Sure. Many! Like the times when I'm ready coding a new software project module, I test it before I demo to my bosses. It works fine, except when the boss is looking at it!

Or, the other times when you write an email, and mess it up, and realize it just after you hit the "send" button. I wish there were a "recall email" functionality whereby you can get back the email you sent out before being seen by the recipients. Mess ups are even harder when you write in a foreign language. For example, yesterday I was sending an e-card out in Russian, and I *COMPLETELY* messed up the heading line in the card. I originally typed something, changed it, undid it, redid it, changed the case/tense, and at which point I was half-asleep (it was 2 AM in the morning). When I read the sent copy of card, I realized I messed it up.

Hey, if you are the person who received my e-card yesterday, this is how my header should have read "Просто хотел поздравить тебя ... ля-ля-ля-ля-ля". It was my bad - I'm very embarrassed : O )

Accept my apologies and congratulations!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home