hidden hit counter

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tiny Tidbit of Info on "LatLong"

I was browsing through Google blogs the other day, and I came across a tiny little tidbit of info. Do you know what the Google Earth team named their blog? LatLong! Yup, that's true! They chose the same name as I did! Pretty cool, huh?

Now here is the kicker...

Google owns blogspot (this blogging service website). So, naturally, various Google teams use blogspot for their own blogging. For example, ad-sense (adsense.blogspot.com) and analytics (analytics.blogspot.com) register their blog names on blogspot.

Now for the Google Earth blog, the name should be latlong.blogspot.com (my blog's name), but wait a minute, I already took it! Since latlong.blogspot.com is already taken (by me!), poor Google had to go for google-latlong.blogspot.com! It is good that the nice folks at Google didn't kick me out to claim the prized URL of my blog!

Go LatLong! And oh, check out Google's Latlong too!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home