hidden hit counter

Saturday, June 30, 2007

The iPhone Saga. Episode #2.

The iPhone saga continues!

Apple released the iPhone this evening at 6 PM. I visited a local Apple Store (at the Pentagon City mall). Just for your clarification ...I did NOT stand in any line like the other uber geeks that camped out Apple stores all across the US. I just visited the store just to see the enthusiastic crowd, especially since I have never seen or heard about such enthusiasm for a product launch! I figured this is once-in-a-lifetime kind of event and I should be there for sure to take photos and watch the historic launch of the iPhone.

So, there I was at the Apple Store. The line was long and winding. All the Apple enthusiasts, I was told by a security guard, started lining up since the mall opened Friday morning. I reached the Apple Store around 5:30, and walked around to see the crowd. The windows of Apple store was completely covered with black curtains. Enthusiasm was building and as the clock moved closer to 6 PM, you can clearly see the impatience of crowds.

Apple employees dressed in their signature black t-shirts came out and started rallying the crowd by clapping and shouting. All by-standers, except for those waiting in line, were asked by the security to "move along". I found a bench on the other end of the mall, across the Apple store. There I was - watching a product launch as if it were a Broadway premiere or a Bolshoi Ballet Encore! Â Apple sure is a great company with some really slick products that barely need any marketing! Anyway, I sat there and enjoyed the "show"! Later, I waited around, did some shopping, and at about 7:30 PM, the line thinned down to 5 people. I joined the people walking in, and guess what... I got my hands on the iPhone.

My impressions? The iPhone is SIMPLY FREAKIN' AMAZING! The design, the interface, and the response to your multi-touch finger gestures is just awesome! I just had to hold my tempation and walk out of the store WITHOUT buying the phone! But after testing this baby for about 30 minutes, I'm sold! I will most probably get the iPhone. I will wait just to see what Verizon comes up with.

Check out these photos.

The secret chambers of the Apple Store ...



In Anticipation of the "World Premiere"...

The line at the Apple Store ...
(Follow the railing from the apple logo on right to the left of the photo)



Another look at the line...



Meanwhile at the Verizon Store... (Hahaha!)


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home