hidden hit counter

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

To buy or not to buy....

...the iPhone!

[Update: I just called Verizon and they told me I can go month-to-month after my contract expires. I will wait for a month or so to see if Verizon comes up with any "better" phone, if not I will see how the iPhone and it's crappy network are performing by that time. So, anyway, the point is...I have time on my hands! muhahahaha! ]

Yup, if you are a living, breathing being (presumably living in the 'States), there's no way you would have missed all the hype about Apple's new gizmo-gadget...the one-in-all, all-in-one phone called the iPhone. TV ads, Internet articles, flash Website ads (I can't believe they still have those "you won an iPhone. Click here" flashing ads!) bombard you with info about how great iPhone is, how cool it will be, blah, blah, blah.

It is great that Apple is coming out with a phone like this. I was actually looking for a phone - or should I call it a "device" - that's EXACTLY like this. My current phone is pathetically lacking in features - I can't connect to the Net, no instant messaging, no GPS, no camera...absolutely nothing that's considered even decent in many of present day's mobile phone. I was looking for something that's just more than a phone - a device that connects to the Internet, let's me takes pictures, of course in addition to making phone calls. So, what's the big deal? I can go get this phone, right? Well, not really!

There are issues in going out and getting an iPhone. First concern - the network. I am 100% satisfied with my current service provider, Verizon. iPhone will only run on AT&T, and quite frankly their network sucks! Second, the iPhone is a bit pricey! $500 bucks for a 4GB thingey? That's kind of steep for a phone. Third, it runs on EDGE for wireless Internet - that means no 3G!! I am OK with the price and EDGE, but not AT&T!!

Anyway, iPhone is coming out on the 29th of June. Quite coincidentally, my 2 year contract with Verizon ends in the first week of July! That gives me about a week to read out every single review -- there are already some reviews out there! Check these from New York Times, WSJ, USA Today, and I'm sure by the time you read this, the Internet is full of iPhone reviews! --
and make my decision!

If I get the iPhone, I will post my own video review, photos, and all the junk that you are already reading on the Net. So, stay tuned, if you care!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home