hidden hit counter

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Another nice birthday present...

While the wonderful greetings from friends, colleagues, and family made my day on my birthday, I was pleasantly surprised in totally different way.

Last month, we wrote a paper and submitted to the Free and Open Source Software for GeoSpatial 2007 to be held in Victoria, British Columbia, up in the Canadian land. They emailed their decision on July 15 - my birthday - and our paper was accepted! What a fantastic news to add up to the joy of the day!

This selection was special because the conference used a public voting system to choose what presentation they should accept. People can give a score on scaled of 0-2 (0 - not interested, 1 - somewhat interested, and 2 - VERY interested and won't miss this). The sheer fact that my paper appealed to the public is plain thrilling!

So, I will be heading up there to "Canadia" to present my research and this conference is one of the top-notch spots to present my research! Cool, no?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home