hidden hit counter

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fun, Frolicking, and Kayaking ...

The Washington DC area is just an unbelievable area for all kinds of activities - fun, outdoors, indoors, theatre, sports, and just about any kind of conceivable activity that can be considered a "fun" activity! It has been two years since I moved to the area, and I'm not even about close to seeing half of what this area has got to offer. Every now and then, I "discover" some of the many wonderful things are this area has to offer.

The past weekend, I went Kayaking with a couple of my friends. Knowing the DC area, I was expecting very busy waters, with people with kayaks all over the place, just like they do with their cars on the I-495 freeway. Boy, did it turned out to be a small little wonder! The place that I visited was the Mason Neck State Park in Lorton, Virginia. Not really far away from urban Virginia and the Pentagon and tucked away in the woods, this place was serene with beautiful wildlife (this place is a heaven for birdwatchers!) and calm waters that are just ideal for kayaking and having a relaxing day out on the waters. Adding to this beauty, the weather was just perfect and we had a great day. At the end of the day, we had a nice little "Russian" picnic to celebrate one of my Russian friend's birthday. Turned out to be an awesome day!


Washington DC never seems to stop me from being excited! Check out these photos.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home