hidden hit counter

Thursday, September 13, 2007

i,Photographer!

I really enjoy taking photos. Lots and lots of them. Each time I travel, I try to snap something that grabs my attention. Although in no way I'm close to being a pro photographer, I think I do a pretty decent job on some photographs. Of late, I've been getting some really good feedback on a few shots, thanks for my digital camera. Although I'm ready to graduate to a better, bigger, and costlier camera, my little Nikon camera holds up quite well in taking some high quality shots.

Recently, I received the following email from a Web-based travel guide company (they are a startup, I think), Schmap, asking me the permission to include one of my older photos when I was in San Antonio. The email reads:

Hi Shriram,

I am writing to let you know that one of your photos has been short-listed for inclusion in the third edition of our Schmap San Antonio Guide, to be published later this month.
...
While we offer no payment for publication, many photographers are pleased to submit their photos, as Schmap Guides give their work recognition and wide exposure, and are free of charge to readers. Photos are published at a maximum width of 150 pixels, are clearly attributed, and link to high-resolution originals at Flickr.
...

Best regards,

Emma W-------,
Managing Editor, Schmap Guides

The photo that was chosen was this one, taken with my film camera way back in 2005!


Apparently, they searched Flickr for interesting (I hope) photos of San Antonio and found my photo. I'm quite glad that somebody else liked my photo, just considering the number of excellent "pro" photographers out there on Flickr! And this photo was taken with a very low resolution film camera! Anyway, I gave them the go-ahead to include this image in their travel guides. Again, while this is NOT a huge recognition of my "work", the very fact that somebody else considered my photo over 1000s of others make me feel good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home