hidden hit counter

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Garba 2007

If I were to pick one favorite festival of mine out of the many Indian festivals, I'd definitely pick the festival of "Navratri" (Click to read more on this from Wikipedia). Perhaps, this is the only time of the year when I do NOT hesitate to go dancing, even though most of these dances are traditional.



Ever since I came to the US, this festival has become even more important to me because this gives me the ONLY opportunity to participate enthusiastically in an Indian cultural event, all dressed up in traditional Indian clothes.

And speaking of traditional clothes, I think we Indians have THE best traditional clothes in the world. Period. Bar none. Check out the colorful photos to see how vibrant my homeland is! I'm sure that you'll agree with me!

More photos...

Check out some of the photos from that evening. It is TOTAL fun!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2193691&l=db86d&id=5734033

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home