hidden hit counter

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Historic Time in Washington!

The mood in Washington, DC is festive and cheerful in preparation for Obama's inauguration. Why not? After all, Americans so overwhelmingly picked Obama and are celebrating the history-making inauguration of their new president.

There is no other place to be at this time, but Washington. I consider myself supremely lucky to be living in the Washington metro area! In fact, I was plain thrilled to be in downtown DC on the election night and be a part of the Obama victory celebrations. People were opening champagne bottles in the city squares and circles, drivers honking horns, strangers greeting and cheering - it is as if everybody, I mean everybody, was happy with the result.

As the big inauguration day approaches, crowds in millions are descending down on the town. TV and radio stations are busy guesstimating how many millions will be attending, advising on the
road and Metro closures, warning repeatedly about possible cellphone circuit jams, helping figure out best ways to get to the parade route...Washington is getting ready, eager with anticipation.

They say the weather is going to be in the low 30s for the inauguration. I'm not sure I'll be attending the inauguration...but, I must say that I'm having fun just being an audience to preparation for such a historic event. Being a resident of the Washington area, I feel like I'm one of the millions personally playing host to the new president and the millions coming to town.

As you can clearly see, I'm excited, excited, excited!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home