hidden hit counter

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Reporting some progress on the Ice....

It has been two sessions of my ice skating classes so far and I'm glad to say that I made some process on the ice. The skating lessons are around 10:30 every Saturday morning (Yup, what better reason to get up a bit early on Saturdays!) The first lesson was pretty much walking around the ice and get a feel for it. My instructor called it "marching" on the ice. It felt a bit funny to walk around the ice ever so slowly, trying to balance myself. That's how it must have felt when I tried to walk and balance as a baby. Of course, not to mention a little embarrassment to see little kids on the other end of the rink skating, gliding, and doing all sort of figure skating stuff. But hey, I'm not ashamed or anything. In fact, I'm happy to get a chance to take lessons from certified trainers. I have a feeling I will be able to skate OK by the end of my 6-class session. I will post updates, photos, and perhaps a video or two here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home